How to Track PAN Status Online? How to check/verify PAN Number? These are some questions arise in your mind when you apply for PAN card. In this post, you will get answers of these questions.
PAN (Permanent account Number) is 10 digit alphanumeric identifier issued to individual and company under income tax act 1961. It is issued by Income tax department. PAN number is mandatory for doing every financial transactions in India.
PAN card helps Income Tax department to track and link all financial transactions such as tax payments, TDS/TCS credits, wealth, gift, FBT etc.
How to Apply for PAN Card Online?
New PAN card can be issued by UTI or NSDL. For applying for PAN card one need to fill following form.
- FORM 49A: – To be filled by Indian citizens including those who are located outside India.
- FORM 49AA: – To be filled by foreign citizens.
You can apply for PAN card Online at -NSDL (click here) & UTI click here. Once you submit application for PAN card you will receive acknowledgement number. This acknowledgement number is used to track your PAN status.
There are five different ways to Track your PAN Status Online.
5 Ways to Track PAN Status Online & Offline
Track PAN Status – Telephone Services
Call the TIN (Tax Information Network) call centre of the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) at 020-27218080 and they can help you track the status of your PAN with the help of the 15-digit acknowledgment number.
Track PAN Status – SMS Services
Send the 15 digit acknowledgment number to ‘57575’ to receive a text message in reply with the status of the PAN.
Track PAN Status using Acknowledgement Number
Track PAN NSDL
- If you have the acknowledgement number of the application, you can track the PAN status on the NSDL’s official website here.
- Choose ‘PAN – New / Change Request’ from the drop-down for ‘Application Type.’
- Type acknowledgement number in the box provided and the verification code from the distorted text displayed. Once the details are entered, click ‘Submit.’
Track PAN UTITSL
- If you have applied using UTITSL you must have got application coupon number. In order to track PAN at UTITLS click here.
- Enter Application Coupon number and date of birth.
- Enter Captcha code and click on submit button to know the status.
Track PAN Status by Name & Date of Birth
- You if have lost the acknowledgment number, you can find the PAN status by name and date of birth.
- Visit this official NSDL website link and choose ‘PAN – New / Change Request’ from the drop-down for ‘Application Type.’
- Select the ‘Name’ option (by clicking inside the circle on the left) and enter your last name, first name and middle name (in that order) in the boxes provided.
- Select the date and month of your date of birth from the from the drop down option and type in the year of birth in the space provided.
- Once done, click on ‘Submit.’
Please note that you can track/know PAN status after 24 hours of applying PAN card.
I hope method given above will help you in knowing your PAN status.