Kotak 811 is a digital or mobile bank account offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank. In order to open 811 account you just need to download Kotak Mobile Banking App and register using your Aadhaar and PAN. It is zero balance account offering 6% interest rate. Once you open Kotak 811 account, you can perform banking transaction anytime, anywhere with a click of button. Let’s look at Kotak 811 Bank Account key features and benefits.
What is Kotak 811 Bank Account?
Kotak 811 is India’s first downloadable account. You can also call Kotak 811 as digital account. No paper is while doing a transaction using this account. It is zero balance account. You can open this account instantly. It offers multiple offers on shopping , travel and entertainment. Kotak bank offers four types of digital bank accounts (1) Kotak 811 Limited KYC (2) Kotak 811 Lite (3) Kotak 811 Full KYC (4) Kotak 811 Edge Account.
Key Features of 811 Account
- Zero minimum balance requirement
- Savings Interest rate Up to 6% per annum
- Free online money transfers (IMPS, NEFT and RTGS)
- Kotak 811 virtual debit card. You can also get the physical card for 199 per annum charge.
- Login to your Kotak 811 account through app.
- You can get chequebook based on demand.
- Multiple benefits and offers.
- Upto Rs 1 lakh – 5%
- Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1 crore – 6%
- Above 1 crore – 5.5%
How to open Kotak 811 account
Opening Kotak 811 account is very easy. Steps are given below.
- Download and install Kotak Mobile Banking App on your phone.
- After installing the application open the application, in first screen tap on Get Started now.
- Now in the next screen provide your Full Name & Mobile number.
- You will get OTP on your mobile number. Type OTP and proceed.
- In the next screen type your 12-digit Aadhaar Number, type and proceed.
- Application will ask Gender and your Date of Birth.
- After giving DOB and gender provide your full address, PAN number and occupation in the next screen.
- Once you add all information click on continue button.
- Last screen is for providing your Marital Status and Email Address.
- Next is entering 6-digit MPIN which will be used to login to Kotak Bank Mobile Application.
- That’s it, your Kotak 811 account opened, you can see your account number, CRN number, IFSC code and VPA in the next screen.
After the account is open, you can login to Kotak Bank Application and view your account online and do many things like fund transfer, recharges.
- Total Cumulative credit allowed in this account is 2 Lakh in a year.
- Maximum balance allowed at given point of time is 1 Lakh.
- Time to complete your KYC is 12 months from date of opening this account online.
If you convert this account in full KYC account, no such restriction is applicable.
Kotak 811 is online bank account that can be opened anytime using Aadhaar and PAN. Initially it will be limited KYC account, with total credit limit per year 2 Lakh. You can convert this account to full KYC account by visiting any branch and doing in person verification. Once KYC is completed no restriction is applicable.