Now you can pay traffic challan online as well as offline. The new facility of traffic challan payment online is available on ministry of transport and highways website, Paytm and state specific websites. The facility of making online traffic challan payment is becoming important due to recent amendment in Motor Vehicle Act and increased fines on violation of traffic rules.
The new facility of paying traffic challan online will surely help to individual in clearing dues of traffic challan anytime anywhere. Here are various methods to pay traffic challan online using website and via app. You can pay traffic challan online via central government website, state or city specific website or via Paytm App.
How to pay traffic challan online?
- Visit MoRTH’s official website – https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in
- Click on the “Check Challan Status”
- Enter “Challan number” or “Vehicle Number” or “Driving License Number”.
- Enter Captcha and click on the “GET DETAIL” button.
- You will be able to see challan detail.
- Verify detail and go ahead with making online payment.
- You can store payment receipt as a proof of payment.
How to pay your traffic challan online? – State or city specific website
In addition to central government website most of the big states and cities have their own specific websites for traffic challan penalty payment.
Pay Traffic challan online via Paytm
Paytm mobile app also provides facility of paying traffic challan. However, this facility is available in the selected states and city only. Follow the steps given below in order to pay traffic challan online via Paytm App.
- Open the Paytm app.
- On the home page are listed some quick payment options.
- Tap on “more” option, which should list all possible service options.
- Scroll down to “City Services” on the page and tap on “Challan” (refer image).
- Select your traffic authority.
- Enter the required details such as- Challan Number, RC Number, Vehicle Number, Driving License Number etc.
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- Enter the challan amount and proceed with the payments
- Select the payment mode- Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Paytm Wallet, Or UPI
A newly launched facility of e-challan (online traffic challan) will surely help people in clearing their fines anytime anywhere. As online payment is made directly to the bank account it will reduce corruption among the traffic policemen.