Linking Aadhaar with LIC Policy (any insurance policy) is mandatory as per IRDA (Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India). If you have not linked your existing insurance policy with your Aadhaar, you have to complete this exercise by 31st Dec,2017. In addition to that, it is mandatory to mention Aadhaar Number while buying a new insurance policy (Life or Non-Life). In order to facilitate this requirement, LIC has launched a new facility of linking Aadhaar with LIC Policy. This new facility allows linking of Aadhaar with multiple policies at a single go. Username, Password is not required to use this facility. Steps for linking Aadhaar with existing LIC Policies Online and offline are given below.
How to Link Aadhaar with LIC Policy Online?
- First, visit LIC of India portal. On the homepage, you will find a new section to Link Aadhaar and PAN Policy.
- Once click on the given link you will be taken to the page where it will display general instruction. Kindly keep your Aadhaar Card, PAN Card and List of policy numbers.
- Click on the “PROCEED” given below the instruction.
- You will be taken to the new page asking details like Full Name, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number, Gender, E-mail ID, PAN card number, Mobile Number and Policy Number.
- If you have multiple LIC Policies you can click on Add Policy button for adding other policy numbers. You can add multiple policy numbers at single go for linking.
- Once you are done with adding policy number give your consent for Linking Aadhaar detail and PAN detail by selecting the checkbox given on the page.
- Next is entering Captcha Text. After entering captcha text click on “Get OTP” button.
- OTP (one time password) shall be generated and sent to the specified mobile number. You will be now taken to detail verification page. After verifying information submitted by you can enter OTP and click on Submit button.
- It will display success message that Aadhaar detail for linking LIC Policies is received. After verification with UIDAI, SMS and E-mail will be sent to you.
How to Link Aadhaar with LIC Policy Offline?
If you are unable to link Aadhaar with LIC Policy online you can use offline method to link Aadhaar with LIC Policy. The process is very simple.
- Download Aadhaar PAN Mandate form from LIC Website.
- You need to provide policy numbers and consent of linking Aadhaar and PAN with your Policy.
- The declaration form says that information given by you is correct and you are responsible for false information.
- After signing this form you need to attach self-attested copy of Aadhaar and PAN to nearest LIC branch for linking of your Aadhaar/PAN to your LIC policies.
Only above two methods are valid method launched by LIC of India for linking Aadhaar with PAN. LIC has also displayed following notice on the website.
Hope information given above will help you in linking Aadhaar with LIC Policy.