Form 26AS is tax credit statement. It is one of the most important document when it comes to filing income tax return. The individual taxpayer should check Form 26AS before filing income tax return. It is generally observed that taxpayers are not aware of Form 26AS. Here is complete detail about 26AS including detail about how to expert Form 26AS in PDF?
What is Form 26AS?
Form 26 is consolidated annual tax credit statement issued to a taxpayer by Income tax department. This document can be downloaded from Income tax filing website. This form contains following information.
- Tax deducted from various sources like salary, interest income etc.
- Tax collected by collectors on behalf of a taxpayer.
- Advance Tax or Self-Assessment Tax deposited by the taxpayer.
- High-value transaction details in respect of shares, mutual funds etc.
- Refund paid by Income Tax department to a taxpayer.
This form can be viewed by registering with TRACES (Tax Reconciliation Analysis and Correction Enabling System) or via net banking account of taxpayers held with banks. Another alternative is to view Form 26AS via login to income tax e-filing website.
Also Read – File Income Tax Return Quickly
What are Parts of Form 26AS?
A detail of partwise section involved in Form 26AS is given below.
- Part A: Details of Tax Deducted at Source
- Part A1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source for Form 15G/Form 15H
- Part A2: Details of Tax Deducted at Source on sale of Immovable Property u/s194(IA) (For seller of Property)
- Part B: Details of Tax Collected at Source
- Part C: Details of Tax Paid (Other than TDS or TCS)
- Part D: Details of Paid Refund
- Part E: Details of AIR Transaction
- Part F: Details of Tax Deducted on sale of immovable property u/s194IA (For Buyer of property)
- Part G: TDS Defaults* (processing of defaults)
How to Download and export Form 26AS in PDF?
Now taxpayer can export Form 26AS in PDF format. This facility is newly introduced at TRACES site. You can download your Form 26AS seamlessly and open it without password. Follow the steps given below to Download and Export 26AS in PDF.
Visit Income Tax e-filing portal and Login using your user ID and Password. At topmost navigation menu click on My Account >> View Form 26AS (Tax Credit).
You will be taken to TRACES website. Now click on view Tax Credit (Form 26 AS). Select Assessment Year and select View as HTML Option.
Now click on View/Download button. After that click on Export as PDF button. You will be able to download 26AS in PDF format.
If you want to download this form in Excel format you need to login via TRACES account.
As of now PDF is not asking for any password. However, as per TRACES website password for 26AS PDF/text file is Date of Birth / Date of Incorporation in ddmmyy format as printed on PAN card.
What are benefits of 26AS?
- This form act as additional check about TDS paid by tax payer.
- It gives accurate information about TDS, TCS, Advance Tax and refund.
- You can get information about refund from this form.
- If your Form 16 is lost you can use this form for filing income tax return.
- It eliminates need of attaching form 16 or TDS certificate with income tax return.
If you have any query about Form 26AS, post it into comment section given below.