Ayushman Bharat is a new Health Insurance scheme launched under National Health Protection Mission. The prime objective of this scheme is to provide health care to poor people in India. It is a step towards providing social security to the poor people of India. Another name given to this scheme is PM – Jan Arogya Yojana. This Yojana was declared by PM – Narendra Modi during Independence Day speech. The Key features and method to check eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Yojana are given below.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana – Key Features
- Insurance Coverage – Maximum 5 Lakh sum assured per family per year
- Type of Insurance – Family floater type insurance policy
- Premium – Premium amount will be reasonable and will be fixed by the state health agencies
- Hospitalization expense benefits
- Cashless benefits from any public and private empaneled hospitals
- A defined transport allowance pre-hospitalization will be paid to the beneficiary
- Daycare treatment benefits (as applicable)
- Follow-up care benefits
- Pre and post hospitalization expense benefits
- Newborn child/ children benefit
- Pre-existing diseases conditions will be covered with a certain exclusion
How to check eligibility for Ayushman Bharat | PM – Jan Arogya Yojana?
The facility of checking eligibility for Ayshman Bharat Yojana is launched. Follow the process given below to check if you are eligible for Ayushman Bharat Jan Arogya Yojana or not.
The first step is visiting – https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/
It is AM I Eligible Portal. On the landing page you need to enter an active mobile number (to receive an OTP) and enter the Captcha letters displaying on the screen. Next is clicking on generate OTP button. Once you press that you will receive an OTP as a text message on the mobile number entered. Once you enter this OTP for verification you will be directed to a page where you need enter search details.
Now you can check your eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna by entering state, name, age, district, village etc.
Once you select the state, you have option to search by name, search by Mobile Number, search by Ration Card Number or Search by RSBY URN (Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna).
If your name is there in the list, it will show up on the right-hand side of the page. Click on ‘Family Members’ tab to find the beneficiary details and information of the family members covered under the scheme.
It will display data only if it is collected during Additional Data Collection Drive. The data including mobile number or ration card number were captured during this drive. If it is not displaying detail you need to use SEEC Name for searching.
Total health insurance coverage for Ayushman Bharat Yojana is 5 Lakh per family. (On Family Floater basis) It will subsume existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
Beneficiaries of the medical insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat will receive a letter from Prime Minister Narendra Modi informing them about its benefits.