The price of fuel is increasing every day. The increase in fuel price is causing a major effect on your pocket. One of the best ways to reduce the effect of the increase in fuel price is fuel credit cards.
Fuel credit cards are special types of cards issued by the bank or credit card companies. The purpose of fuel credit cards is to provide cashback and discount on fuel purchase. Banks and credit card companies have done special tie-ups with oil companies across countries to provide discounts using co-branded cards.
So, if you are ready to avail benefits on fuel spending here is a list of best credit cards that offers a lot of benefits on fuel spending.
Best Fuel Credit Cards in India 2019
(1) Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Credit Card
Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Credit Card is one of the best fuel credit cards. One can earn 5x reward points on fuel spend by using this credit card. You can also use this card for getting rewards/benefits on dining expense. Key Features & charges applicable on Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Credit Card are given below.
- 5x Rewards points on every Rs.150 spent on dining and fuel with no monthly cap on rewards earned.
- Earn 1x Reward points on every other Rs.150 spent.
- Good Life Dining offer to get 15% off across 850 restaurants in India.
- One can enjoy 25% discount on the movie ticket at INOX.
- Contactless credit card with 3D secure OTP verification.
- Fitness benefit of enjoying Rs.1000 off on annual gym membership.
Joining Fee – Rs.250
Annual Fee – Rs.250
Overdue Interest – 3.49% per month
(2) Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card
Citibank Indian Oil Credit card is a special type of fuel credit card. You can save money on fuel bill as well as save on surcharge waiver using this card. It is a multipurpose credit card that can help to save on the household purchase, dining, and all other spends. Key features of Citibank Indian Oil Credit card are given below.
- Earn 4 Turbo points on every Rs.150 spent on fuel at Indian oil outlets. 1 Turbo point equal to Rs.1 worth of fuel.
- Fuel surcharge waiver (1%) on fuel purchase.
- Get 2 Turbo points on every Rs.150 spent on grocery and supermarket.
- Flexible reward redemption program.
- Up to 15% saving on dining at participating restaurants.
- Special concierge services for getting assistance.
Joining Fee – Nil
Annual Fee – Rs.1000
Overdue Interest – 3.25% per month
(3) ICICI HPCL Credit Card
ICICI HPCL Credit card is next in the list of best fuel credit cards. You can enjoy 2.5% cashback on fuel purchase by using this credit card. It is low cost credit card with multiple benefits. Key features and benefits of ICICI HPCL Credit card are given below.
- 5% cashback (maximum Rs.100) on fuel purchase at HPCL petrol pumps.
- Fuel surcharge waiver up to maximum Rs.4000.
- Earn 2 Payback points on every Rs.100 spent on retail purchases except fuel.
- 100 off on movie ticket.
- Minimum 15% saving on dining at 800 restaurants.
Joining Fee – Rs.199
Annual Fee – Rs.199
Overdue Interest – 3.4% per month
(4) HDFC Bharat Credit Card
HDFC Bharat Credit card is cashback credit card designed for emerging India. Cashback, free accidental death insurance and fuel surcharge waiver are benefits associated with this card. It is one of the best card for fuel purchase. This card gives benefits for buying fuel at any fuel station. Key Features of HDFC Bharat Credit Card are given below.
- 5% monthly cashback on fuel, groceries, IRCTC, Mobile Recharge and Bill payment.
- Free accidental death insurance up to 50 Lakh.
- Enjoy 5% cashback for all EasyEMI, PayZapp and SmartBUY transactions using this card.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Zero Liability on Lost of card.
- Interest free credit up to 50 days.
Joining Fee – Rs.500
Annual Fee – Rs.500
Overdue Interest – 3.5% per month
(5) SBI BPCL Credit Card
SBI BPCL Credit Card is one of the best fuel credit card. You can maximize fuel saving on bharat petroleum by using this card. You can also get additional rewards points and welcome bonus on this card. Key features of SBI BPCL Credit card are given below.
- Get 4.25 % value back (13X reward point equivalent to 3.25% + 1% Fuel surcharge waiver on every transaction of up to Rs. 4,000) using this card.
- Earn 5x reward points on shopping of groceries, departmental store, movie and dining.
- Get 2000 activation bonus reward points worth Rs.500 on paying joining fees.
- Felxipay benefit to convert big purchase to EMI.
Joining Fee – Rs.499
Annual Fee – Rs.499
Overdue Interest – 3.35% per month
Over to You –
Make sure to go through benefits associated with a credit card before opting. It is a good idea to opt for the credit card which is multipurpose and offer benefit across all petrol pumps. Don’t forget to check applicable fees, overdue interest, and late payment fee while opting for the credit card.