Passport Application – Applying for the passport in India is a painful exercise. In order to avoid passport application headache many people prefer to hire agent. Agent takes fees in order to complete entire passport application process. If you are planning to apply for the passport and don’t want to hire agent you can apply for passport online. Follow the step by step process given below to apply for passport online in India.
Step by Step – File Online Passport Application in India
- Visit Passport Seva website.
- Click on Register Now.
- You will be redirected to form where you need to fill the form to create an account on the Passport Seva website. You need to select the passport office of the city. Make sure you are giving name and detail same as appearing in document proof.
- Once you are done click on Register Button.
- Once you are registered click on Login Button.
- After login click on Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport.
- You can download and fill the form. Once you are done you need to upload it back on website. Another alternative is to fill details online. It is recommended to fill the details online to save time.
- On the next page, you’ll have to choose between a Fresh passport or Re-issue, a Normal or Tatkal passport, 38 pages or 60 pages. Make the selections as per your requirements, and click Next page.
- Enter personal information this information should match your documents. Once you are done with filling information click on Submit Application.
- After submission you can View Saved/Submitted Applications.
- Click on radio button next to Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Select Online Payment and click Next.
- A List of Passport Seva Kendra will appear on your screen along with date and time of appointment.
- Select your nearest Passport Seva Kendra Location and click Next.
- Click on Pay and Book Appointment.
- You will be redirected to the payment gateway where you need to complete your payment.
- On successful payment you will get Appointment Confirmation with detail of Passport Seva Kendra.
- Click on Print Application Receipt
- You will able to see print preview of application receipt.
- Take print out. This print out is required at the time of appointment at PSK.
Now you need to visit Passport Seva Kendra at the time mentioned in the receipt. You need to carry required document along with you. These documents are required for verification. After your visit your application will be sent to Police verification. You need to visit the nearest police station for police verification.
On completion of police verification your passport will be issued. You can track your passport application online from Track Application Status.
Have you filed passport application online? If yes, how was your experience?
Do share it in the comment section.