Buying a Health insurance policy is one of the prime requirement today. The cost of medical treatment is skyrocketing, if you have not purchased an appropriate health insurance policy you should do it as early as possible. When it comes to buying a health insurance policy everyone wants to get the best policy within budget which can offer maximum benefits and coverage. I have tried to shortlist five best health insurance policies that you can consider for yourself and for your family.
Top 5 Health Insurance Policies in India for 2018
- Apollo Munich Easy Health
Apollo Munich Easy Health is one of the top health insurance policy. This plan offers coverage on sum assured basis & also offers optional add-on critical illness. The benefits offered by Apollo Munich Easy Health are given below.
- This plan offers pre-hospitalization coverage 60 days before hospitalization. It also cover post-hospitalization expense up to 90 days.
- Any treatment done at home which otherwise required hospitalization is covered. It is also known as a domiciliary treatment.
- The medical expense for in-patient treatment under Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha Homeopathy is covered.
- Treatment expenses for the organ donor at the time of organ transplant is covered.
- 144 types of day care medical expenses are covered.
- You can get cumulative bonus of 10% of every claim free year.
The above features make this plan as attractive health insurance option.
- ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance – iHealth
ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance iHealth is one of the best and popular health insurance plan. It is cashless plan that offers multiple benefits. The key features and associated benefits are given below.
- This policy provides lifelong renewal along with family floater facility.
- Medical expense incurred 30 days prior and 60 days post hospitalization is covered.
- Complete cashless facility at all cashless network hospital under this plan.
- No medical check required for insurance cover below 46 years of age and sum assured up to 10 lakh.
- Religare Health Insurance
Religare Health Insurance is a comprehensive health insurance plan that covers you and your family against financial risk arising due to medical emergency. Key features and benefits offered by Religare Health Insurance policy is given below.
- This plan comes with no upper limit of enrolment. You can enrol to this plan up to 100 years of age. This plan also offers lifelong renewal benefits.
- This policy provides coverage up to 60 days post hospitalization.
- This plan provides coverage against medical expenses incurred during your treatment at home for a period exceeding 3 consecutive days.
- Organ donor and medical expenses for organ transplant surgery is covered under this plan.
- This policy also covered alternate treatment like Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha or Homeopathy.
- Bajaj Allianz Health Guard
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Policy provides you with a comprehensive health coverage with multiple benefits. Health guard policy offers two plans gold and silver plan. Silver plan is for lower coverage amount below 2 lakh. Gold plan is for higher coverage amount. The features and benefits offered by this plans are given below.
- This plan offers pre-hospitalization expense up to 60 days and post-hospitalization up to 90 days.
- Maternity expense is covered under this plan. This plan also offers new baby cover.
- You will get cumulative bonus. Your insurance coverage will increase by 10% for no claim year.
- Free health checkup after 3 years of block.
- Organ donor expense and day care expense is covered under this plan.
- You will get the option of Lifelong renewability of the plan.
- The plan offers cashless facility at more than 4000 network hospitals across the country.
- Max Bupa Health Companion Health Insurance Plan
Max Bupa Health Companion is all round health insurance plan that can provide coverage up to 1 Cr. It is individual health insurance plan. You can customize this plan as per your need. The key features and benefit detail of this plan is given below.
- Free Health insurance check-up every two years at selected diagnostic centres.
- Pre and Post hospitalization coverage is included in the policy.
- You can avail in-patient coverage benefit for alternative treatment Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha.
- You can get lifelong renewal benefits.
- This plan also provide International cashless facility with rider.
In the end, I would like to say that medical treatment cost is skyrocketing, if you have not planned for medical emergencies you will end up spending money on costly treatments. It is advisable to purchase an appropriate health insurance policy for you and your family before it is too late.
Have you purchased a health insurance policy?
Do you think the information given above will be helpful to you?
If you have any or question about health insurance feel free to add in a comment section.