Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Making a fixed deposit in SBI is one of the safe investment option compared to mutual funds and shares. If you have invested in a fixed deposit at SBI this post if for you. In this post, I will share information about how to close SBI Fixed deposit online?
It is advisable to close fixed deposit in SBI only at the time of Maturity to avoid the extra charges. However, if you are in need of money and you want to close fixed deposit follow the method given below.
Steps Close Fixed Deposit in SBI Online through Internet Banking
- Log in to Online SBI Account using your Internet Banking Username and Password.
- Click on Tab mentioning ETDR / STDR (FD)
- Click on “Close account prematurely” option under ETDR / STDR (FD) section.
- Select fixed deposit you want to close and click on “proceed”
- Verify fixed deposit detail. Write reasons for closing and click on ‘confirm’
- You will receive “High-Security Password” on your registered mobile. Type it and click on ‘Confirm’
- On the screen, you will be able to see that your FD has been closed.
- Check your bank account it will be credited with FD amount.
- This facility is available between 08:00 AM IST to 08:00 PM IST.
Steps Close Fixed Deposit in SBI by Branch Visit
Another way to close fixed deposit in SBI is by personally visiting SBI Branch.
- Visit SBI branch to close your fixed deposit account.
- You need to visit branch from where you have taken a fixed deposit.
- Don’t forget to carry fixed deposit receipt with you.
- Mention your account number and sign at the backside of FD receipt.
- Submit the fixed deposit receipt to the executive.
- Executive will calculate exact maturity amount and close your fixed deposit.
- The FD amount will be credited to the account mentioned by you.
This is the complete process to close fixed deposit of SBI bank.
It is very easy to close FD at SBI bank. You can adopt any method online or offline based on your comfort. If you have net banking account I recommend the use of online method. You can close fixed deposit online with a click of the button. However, you may also visit a branch to close your Fixed deposit.