It is very easy to check property records and land records online. You can get entire detail of property including owner detail with a click of button. It is very important to check property record or land record before taking purchase decision. The reason is real estate business is a business, where lot of black money is involved. Almost every real estate deal happens with black money. The chance of fraud is very high in real estate. To overcome cheating and fraud the government of India has modified real estate bill, which will protect the buyer against fraud. However, it is recommended to check property record or land record when you buy property. There are two ways to check property record first is to visit the government office for checking owner details and second is checking details online. Today, I will share method to check property record and land record online.
Method to Check Property Records Land Records Online – India
Under National Land Record Modernization Program (NLRMP) to computerize Record of Rights (RoR) launched by the government of India many states started providing RoR online.
The first thing you need to do is finding out online portal applicable for the property for which you want to check the record online. Every state is hosting own portal for checking records. Some examples are Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Punjab, Bihar, Rajasthan, UP, MP etc.
Let’s look at method of checking property and land record for few states for others I will share websites so that you will be able to check records on your own.
Checking Land Records Online Gujarat
- Official site for checking land records online in Guajarat is https://anyror.gujarat.gov.in/ it is popularly known as anyror.
- Visit this website and Click on View Land Record.
- You will be redirected to page for knowing 7/12 (Satbara) records
- Submit details about a district, taluka, village and survey number.
- Enter verification code (captcha) and click on Get Detail button.
- Land records will be displayed.
- You can take a printout, however, it is not certified copy. To issue certified copy, you need to visit e-Dhara Kendra and request for RoR (Record of Rights) print with Survey No.
Check property Records Online Gujarat
- Official site for checking Property Records online is Gujarat is https://e-milkat.gujarat.gov.in/
- Visit this website and click on View Land Record (Urban).
- You will be redirected to the page where you need to select district, city survey office and ward.
- After selection you need to enter city survey number and captcha text.
- Now click on Get Detail button.
- Property Record will be displayed in PDF format.
- You can take printout.
Checking Land Records Maharashtra
- Visit official land record site of Maharashtra mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in it is popularly known as e maha bhumi..
- You need to select a district. On selection of district, you will be redirected to page where you need to select Taluka (Tehsil) and Village from the drop-down menu.
- Now you can search 7/12 record of land by entering survey number of by entering a name.
- Click on the search button and 7/12 records of land will be displayed.
- You can take a printout of this record. However, it is for information purpose only you can not issue this record for a legal purpose.
Checking Property Records Maharashtra
- Visit official Property record site of Maharashtra.
- To find out property details select the year, district and enter the name of the village.
- Enter Property number SurveyNo./CTSNo./MilkatNo./GatNo./PlotNo.
- Click on Search and property record will be displayed on the screen.
Check Property Records Karnataka
- Visit Official property record site of Karnataka – https://landrecords.karnataka.gov.in/Service0/
- Click on view RTC and MR.
- Select District, Taluk, Hobli and Village
- Type the Survey Number
- Select surnoc & Hissa Number
- Select the Period and Year.
- Click on Fetch detail button for getting owner details.
Check Property Records Rajasthan
- Visit official website of Rajasthan State Government – http://apnakhata.raj.nic.in/
- Select your Jilla and Tehsil on Map
- Select village and enter Khata or Khasara Number and fetch the data.
Check Land Records in Uttar Pradesh
- Visit official website of Uttar Pradesh State Government
- Select Janpad, Tehsil and village.
- Enter Khasara and search the data.
Please note that process mention above will remains same for all other states. As of now single database does not exist hence you need to visit state specific sites to check these records.
Download Complete Excel Sheet containing websites of checking land and property records of various states of India.