Cash Deposit Machine or CDM is used for depositing cash.Suppose you have excess cash and you want to deposit it, instead of visiting bank you can deposit this cash at Cash Deposit Machine (CDM).
So, in simple terms, CDM works exactly opposite of ATM. ATM is used for withdrawing cash, CDM is used for depositing cash. The working of CDM is like ATM. You need to have a debit card to deposit cash in CDM. In most of the places, CDM’s are installed in ATM outlets. However, if you want to confirm CDM near you follow the simple steps given below to locate CDM. Well before sharing process of finding CDM let me share the process of depositing cash in Cash Deposit Machine.
Steps by Step process to deposit cash in Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)
The step by step process to deposit cash in the Cash Deposit Machine is given below.
- Locate and visit CDM machine near you and swipe your debit card in the machine. A system will ask you to enter a four-digit PIN for the authentication. Some CDM may ask you to enter bank account number.
- The machine will display multiple options on the screen. You need to select option “Deposit Cash” by pressing on the touchscreen.
- Next is selecting an account for depositing cash. You can select saving or current account based on applicability.
- Once you are done with selecting account start depositing cash into the machine. The note which you are submitting should be in good condition.
- By default, the machine is programmed to accept a note of Rs.100, Rs.500 and Rs.2000. You cannot submit a note of other denomination. The maximum deposit amount allowed is Rs.49000.
- Once you are done you need to press confirm button, the machine will take currency inside and calculate. It will take a few seconds for calculation and verification. Once the calculation process is complete machine will display the amount of money which you deposited. If the amount is correct you need to confirm so that amount will be deposited in your bank account.
How to locate CDM near you?
The simple method to locate CDM near you is opening Google Search Engine and typing “CDM near me”. It will display google map with Cash deposit machine located nearby your location. It will also give you direction.
Another alternative of finding CDM near you is opening Google Map website or Mobile app and typing CDM near me. It will show ATM+CDM locations on the map. You can reach nearby location and deposit your cash.
If you don’t like method given above, you can opt for CDM locator website or CDM finder. Almost every bank has own CDM locator websites. The link of CDM locator bank wise is given below.
From the above list, I find SBI CDM Locator as best CDM Locator. This locator helps you to find CDM on the map. After opening a locator on the screen, you need to give an address, along with city and state. You have the option to select a radius. Once you click on search button it will display CDM nearby you.
If you click on advanced search tab, you will get separate search input form of state and location. This locator is all in one locator and popular as SBI Finder, it will help you to find ATM, CDM, Recycler, Branch, Cash CSP, [email protected] Pump etc. It will also display the working location symbol of the CDM.
Have you used CDM for depositing cash in your bank account? What was your experience?
Do share it in the comment section given below.